Not many people can do without the Adobe Flash Player, and why would you even want to try? The old standard, established as such an essential tool for the internet so long ago allows you to stream all kinds of content to whatever browser you prefer to use, such as an online casino. Like every good piece of software it is updated on a regular basis and you’ll get the best experiences if the edition you use is up to date. If you haven’t installed a new version for a while or you’ve never installed the Adobe Flash Player before, you can learn how to right now.
- Visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ in the browser that you want to install Adobe on. The Flash Player downloader page will then recognise your particular browser and operating system, and will offer you the download that is suitable to your needs and situation.
You’ll need to verify that everything is correct before the download begins, and you may be offered the Chrome browser download too, depending on which browser you are using. Make sure you check or uncheck the relevant box if this option is presented, depending on what you want. Most browsers will also offer you the McAfee Security Scan Plus software in the same way, so make sure you check or uncheck that box too.
- When you’re happy with your selection, click the yellow button that says “download now”. You need to save the file when you are prompted to do so; this will generally go into the downloads folder on your computer. You can, of course, specify that it be saved somewhere else.
- Locate the “AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_” file from wherever you saved it, and open the installer by double-clicking on it.
- Run the installer and wait for the Adobe Flash Player disk image to load. Double-click on the icon that says “install Adobe Flash Player” when it does.
- A dialogue box will pop up to ask you if you’re certain you can trust content that is downloaded from Adobe. It’s great that this warning system is in place but since Adobe is a reputable company it is perfectly safe to click the button that says “open”.
- The next step is to sign in, which is different on Macs versus other PCs. On a Mac you’ll need to sign in as admin with your user name and password. Do this, and then click on the OK button to continue. You won’t need to do it on other PCs.
- Adobe Flash Player will start installing, and a progress bar will show you how far you still have to go. When the installation is complete, click the button that says “finish”.
- Your installation is complete and you are ready to go!